Search This Blog

Coming Soon!

I'm sorry for being M.I.A for a while...my kitchen is in the midst of a makeover. But Christmas is almost here, and I'm not going to miss out on all the baking fun! So better late than never right?




I have finally soaked my fruits for the traditional Christmas Cake. Seen here, I'm using black currents and candied fruit and peels soaked in dark rum. I would have ideally also liked to add cherries to this soaking as well. But like all my cooking methods, this is a cheats version as it drastically cuts down the variety of dry fruits used. So while still staying true to the time honoured Christmas Cake, I'm cutting down my costs and efforts by half.


Like I mentioned, since I'm late, I also have a neat trick up my sleeve to ensure the fruits and the cake retains the boozy flavour. Watch this space for more!